Purchase credit cards
Whether it’s for everyday essentials or shopping for something bigger, purchase credit cards could help you spread the cost. Use our Clever Check to see if you’re eligible for a purchase card.
Standard features and benefits
Ready to see purchase credit cards you’re eligible for?
It’s easy with the help of Clever Check - our credit card eligibility checker. In just a few minutes see the MBNA credit cards you’re eligible to apply for and your estimated credit limit, without affecting your credit rating.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a UK resident, aged 18 or over, with a regular annual income.
- Provide at least 3 years’ UK address history, an email address and phone number.
- Provide your main bank account number and sort code.
- Be free of County Court Judgements (CCJs), Individual Voluntary Agreements (IVAs) or bankruptcies.
- Not be unemployed or a student.
- Not have been declined for an MBNA credit card within the last 30 days.
We also consider things like:
Your credit history, both past and present, including previous full credit searches and affordability based on your income.
After your Clever Check
To request a transfer as part of your application, you’ll need your non-MBNA credit or store card details to hand (Visa®, Mastercard® or American Express®). You can do this later if you’d prefer.
Making sure you get a fair deal
We want you to find a credit card that's right for your circumstances, which is why we adhere to the Standards of Lending Practice, which are monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board.
To find out more you can read the statement of responsibilities (PDF)Statement of responsibilities, which details what's expected of us, the lender and you the borrower.