Need help with paying for the big day? Spread the cost of your wedding with a personal loan. Start by using our eligibility checker. If pre-approved, you'll get a personalised rate, with no effect on your credit score.
Benefits of a wedding loan
Planning a wedding can be demanding enough without worrying about how to cover the costs. An affordable way to manage everything could be an MBNA personal loan. A wedding loan can help you stay on budget, spread the cost and have the confidence to make your dream day a reality.
MBNA personal loans are provided exclusively by Lloyds Bank plc. MBNA Limited act as a credit broker and not the lender.
Features of a wedding loan
8.7% APR representative for loans of £7,500 to £25,000 over 1 to 5 years.
- Check if you're eligible to apply for a loan by answering a few questions and if pre-approved, get a personalised rate - with no effect on your credit score.
- No need to re-type your answers - as long as nothing's changed, you don't need to type these details in again.
- Apply online in minutes and get an instant decision.
If you’re approved, you should have the money in your account within 2 hours. In some cases it may take a bit longer, but no more than 3 working days.
Choose to make your monthly repayments over 1 to 7 years for loans between £1,000 and £25,000.
Other amounts and terms are available at different rates.
Wedding loan calculator
Use our calculator to get an idea of what your monthly repayments could be. Note: this calculator is for illustrative purposes only. If you apply, you may be given a different rate depending on your circumstances.
Total amount repayable
The rate you are offered may be different to the rate shown in the calculator.
That is because it is based on your personal circumstances, how much you want to borrow and how long you want to pay it back.
You could borrow £10,000 over 48 months with 48 monthly repayments of £245.88. Total amount repayable will be £11,802.24. Representative 8.7% APR, annual interest rate (fixed) 8.37%.
The representative APR applies to loans of £7,500 to £25,000 over 1 to 5 years. Other terms and loan amounts are available at different rates. The maximum APR you could be offered is 29.9% APR.
The representative APR is the rate that at least 51% of people are expected to receive when taking out a loan within the stated amount and term range.
Top tips for planning your perfect day:
- Limit guests to those you really want to celebrate with.
- Shop around for a venue and caterer that suits your budget. No-one said you can’t haggle.
- Consider local firms as well as bigger ones.
- Get crafty to add a personal touch to decorations. You could even bake your own cake.
- Get married off-peak or out of season to keep costs down.
Other things to consider
- Only take out a personal loan if you are confident you’ll be able to repay it, even if your circumstances change.
- Make sure that a loan is the best option for you when paying for your wedding.
You can apply for a loan if:
- You’re aged 18 or over.
- You’re a UK resident (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
- You’re not in full-time education.
- You’re in paid employment or have a regular income.
- You’ve not been declined for credit in the last month.
- You don’t have a history of bad credit.
- You are not applying for any of these reasonsLoans will not be provided for speculative purchases (gambling, investments and share purchases), any illegal purposes, business related purposes, purchase/lease of land or property, either full or part purchase (including deposit), timeshares/holiday clubs..
Frequently Asked Questions
All of our loans are unsecured, meaning they’re not secured against anything such as the vehicle or your home.
Getting a personalised quote, telling you what your repayments would be, doesn’t affect your credit score – we’ll only do a ‘soft search’ then. If you go on to apply, we’ll then do a full credit check, called a ‘hard search’. This helps us understand if you’re likely to have any problems paying the loan back.
When you apply for a car loan, we’ll tell you how much your monthly repayments will be. This includes the interest and is a fixed amount until you pay the loan back. The repayments will start the month after your agreement begins. We’ll take them by Direct Debit on a date that suits you.
If you want to, you can make extra payments with no charge. However, if you pay the loan off early, we may charge you up to 58 days’ interest.
If you miss a repayment, your account may be passed onto our collections team and you may be charged £25. And if more repayments are missed, you may be charged more.
With a car loan, we’ll lend you the money up front and you’ll pay the seller directly. This can be through a dealership or a private seller and you’ll own the car straight away.
With car finance, we’ll pay the dealer directly, so you don’t have to. Depending on the type of car finance you take out, you’ll only own the car at the end of the term.
Both can be good ways to pay for a car. Compare overall cost, interest, fees and term to decide which is the best option for you.
Our eligibility checker is an online tool you can use to tell us a bit about you and your circumstances. By answering a few questions, you can:
- find out if you're eligible to apply for a loan.
- if pre-approved, get a personalised rate.
- relax - as long as nothing's changed, you don't need to re-type any of the details you've already given us.
All of this, before you apply and with no effect on your credit score.