Loans frequently asked questions
Find answers to your questions about loans – from how to get in touch to understanding what you need to apply.
You can apply for a loan if:
- You’re aged 18 or over.
- You’re a UK resident.
- You’re in paid employment, or have a regular income.
- You’re not in full-time education.
- You’ve not been declined for credit in the last month.
- You don’t have a history of bad credit.
- Your address details for the last 3 years.
- Your current employment details, if you’re in work.
- Your monthly income and your monthly expenses.
- Your UK bank or building society account details.
When you sign the loan agreement we'll then make identity checks. Once we've done that, you should have the money within 5 working days.
In most cases you'll get an instant decision.
In a very few cases, it can take a little longer if we need to ask for more details about you over the phone. Once we've done that, we can give you a decision.
Your first repayment is due within one month from the date we give you the loan.
It's different if you choose a monthly repayment date which is within 9 days of us giving you the loan. If you do this then you could choose to make your first repayment:
- At the start of the agreement by debit card or;
- When the first direct debit is taken on your chosen date in the next month.
If you wait until the next month for your first repayment to be made by direct debit, this will extend the length of your loan. This means that you would pay back more overall, as we charge interest from the date we give you the loan.
For the full list of ways to say hello, have a look at our contact us page.
Making sure you get a fair deal
We want you to find a product that's right for your circumstances, which is why we adhere to the Standards of Lending Practice, which are monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board.
To find out more you can read the statement of responsibilities (PDF), which details what's expected of us, the lender and you the borrower.