On 10 December 2018 we’re merging all accounts in your name to a single username (only if you’ve got more than one today). This has a couple of benefits:
- You’ll only have one username and password to remember.
- You can keep track and switch between your accounts in one place.
We’ll send you an email once all of the changes have been completed, just to let you know the username you should use to access all of your MBNA credit card accounts in future.
If, after 10 December, you’d like to change the log in details, for example to make them easier to remember, here’s how to do it:
- Visit the Online Card Services log in page, then select ‘Forgotten your log in details?’
- Follow the onscreen instructions - you’ll need to confirm some account and personal details.
- When your username is displayed, look for the option to ‘Change username’.
- If you want to keep the same username, follow the instructions to change your password only.
When you’re online, use the ‘Cards overview’ to see a list of your accounts... it’ll be the first page you see when you log in if you’ve got more than one card to manage.