Help with a complaint
We are committed to delivering a high quality of service. However, things can go wrong despite our best efforts. Let us try to help you and if you still wish to make a complaint you can find the details about how to contact us on this page.
Let us help you with some common queries
Still need to make a complaint?
Sometimes the best way to sort something out is to get in touch. If it’s just a general enquiry, you’ll find details on our contact us page. You may even find the answer you are looking for in our frequently asked questions for credit cards, loans and home insurance.
But if you’ve got a complaint, there are a few ways to get in touch.
Write to us about your card:
MBNA Customer Services, BX1 1LT
Write to us about your loan:
MBNA, St Aidans Hall, Birchwood Drive, Brackenhill Business Park, Peterlee, County Durham, SR8 2RS
So we can process your complaint, please provide:
- Your name and address.
- Your preferred contact number.
- Your 16-digit card number or 12-digit loan number and any useful references (if applicable).
- What’s gone wrong and when/how it happened.
- What you’d like us to do to resolve your complaint.
- We will do all we can to resolve your complaint on the same day.
- If we do not manage to resolve the complaint within 5 working days we'll write to give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response.
- Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated, (we may call you for further details) we will issue a ‘final response’ to your complaint.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response:
- Payment or e-money complaints (e.g. Direct Debit/online transactions) - a final response should be issued within 15 days of receiving a complaint, up to a maximum of 35 days where things outside of our control cause a delay.
- Other types of complaint - a final response should be issued within 56 days.
MBNA is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, which offers an independent review service. If we can’t resolve things in the timescales set by the FCA, or you’re not satisfied with our final response, you can refer your complaint for free.
Call: 0800 023 4 567
Write to: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR.
Please note: you may be able to submit a claim through the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform if you live outside the United Kingdom or if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
We will treat your complaint in exactly the same way whether we receive the complaint directly from you or from a Claims Management Company (CMC). You do not need to use a CMC and they will typically charge an upfront fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. By coming directly to us you will not be disadvantaged.
Our promise to you
Our aim is to offer great products and excellent service, but we know sometimes things can go wrong. If you have any reason at all to complain, we make you a promise:
- We will do our very best to put things right as soon as you get in touch.
- Where that’s not possible, we will make sure you have the contact details of the person or team dealing with your complaint.
- No matter how you choose to tell us about your complaint, whether it is by phone, online or in writing, we will give it our full attention and commitment to resolving if for you.