A quick and easy way to control your credit cards on the go, using our secure MBNA Card Services App.
Want more control over your cards?
A handy feature in our secure MBNA Card Services App lets you quickly freeze and unfreeze different types of
transaction on your credit card(s) whenever you need to.
It’s really useful if you’ve forgotten where you put your card (but you know it’s definitely not lost or been stolen) – or if
you just want to control how and where your cards can be used.
Card freezes – in summary
If you’d like a quick run-down on this smart account feature, look no further… this little video explains the benefits of card freezes.
It's happened to all of us… your credit card’s gone walkabout and you've had a little panic.
You're pretty sure it's somewhere… you just need a little time to find it.
But don't worry, that's why we've introduced a smart feature to the MBNA app.
It's called ‘Card Freezes’, which actually describes it pretty perfectly.
Freeze your card instantly so you'll know it's secure.
Then you can retrace your steps more calmly.
Here's how it works.
Simply log in to the MBNA app, select ‘Card Management’, then go to the ‘Card Freezes’.
You can tap the toggle button to freeze your card instantly.
Found your card? Follow the same steps to unfreeze with ease.
It also gives you more control over how your card is used.
You can freeze transactions abroad, online and in the app plus transactions over the
counter and ATM withdrawals.
Using this feature, recurring transactions and payments won't be affected.
We told you it was smart.
Of course if your card is lost, or if it's been stolen, you need to call us straight away.
If you don't have the MBNA app, you're missing out, so hit your App Store to download it today.
Otherwise, simply log in to check out these and other great features.
How to freeze and unfreeze transactions
What can be frozen?
You can restrict these types of transactions securely on each of your cards (including any additional cardholders’ cards) with a quick toggle on or off:
- Freeze card – stops most card transactions.
- Freeze abroad – stops ATM withdrawals, and till and terminal transactions outside the UK.
- Freeze online and remote – stops online, in app, phone and mail order payments.
- Freeze at tills and terminals – stops transactions when your card is present at the place of payment.
- Freeze ATM withdrawals – stops cash machine withdrawals.
- Freeze gambling – stops most gambling transactions the moment you turn it on. If you turn it off, it’ll take 48 hours to remove the freeze.
- Freeze contactless transactions – stops contactless transactions worldwide - including digital wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Change your contactless limit – the contactless limit increased to £100 on 15 October 2021. Find out how to change your contactless limit.
For more information about card freezes and what each freeze covers take a look at our frequently asked questions.
What to do if your card is definitely lost or stolen
You need to report a lost or stolen card to us straight away. You can do this by calling us on 03456 062 062 (or +44 1244 659 005 from outside the UK). Lines are open 8am – 8pm, seven days a week.
Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Important legal information. We don't charge you to use our mobile services but your mobile operator may charge you for certain services (such as downloading or using the app), so please check with them. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality. Terms and conditions apply.
Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC. Mobile alerts are sent throughout the day, 7 days a week including bank holidays. This is a free service for all eligible MBNA customers.