It’s great to see you
Here’s some useful information about your credit card account. Services available subject to account status, as detailed in your terms and conditions.
Request a credit limit increase
If you apply online, we try to respond instantly. If approved, your new limit will be available to use immediately. If you request a credit limit increase, this authorises us to search the files of any credit reference agency we need to help us make a decision.
Important: you can’t request an increase if you’re a new customer or you’ve increased your credit limit in the last 6 months. We may not offer you credit limit increases if we are concerned about your ability to repay.
When deciding whether to accept an increase to your credit limit, you should think carefully about whether this is the right option for you. You should consider the risk of taking on too much debt and how you will repay any amounts owed.
Make a transfer
It's easy to request a balance or money transfer online - just log in or register for Online Card Services to get started. You can also give us a call, or use the MBNA Card Services App if you’ve downloaded it.
Anything else you need to know?
- The amount you can transfer depends on how much of your credit limit is available. You can transfer up to 93% of your available credit limit.
- You cannot transfer balances between MBNA accounts.
- You might be charged a transfer fee on any transfers you make (usually a percentage of the transfer value).
- Making a money transfer to your bank or building society account is an alternative way to pay for goods and services, but you won’t have the protection provided by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for credit card payments
- If you pay your balance in full every month so you don’t get charged interest on purchases, please consider whether making a transfer is right for you. Purchases only stay interest free if you pay the whole balance (including any transfers) in full every month
- Promotional offers will no longer apply from the start of the statement period following any breach of your terms and conditions, for example if you haven’t paid on time or have gone over your credit limit
Check your rates
You’ll find information about both promotional and standard interest rates in a couple of places. You can read through the terms and conditions of your account, which include all sorts of useful information about your interest rates.
Alternatively, for a snapshot including details of offer expiry dates and rates that currently apply to portions of your outstanding balance, refer to your latest statement. You might find the ‘Breakdown of balance’ and ‘Summary box’ on the statement particularly helpful.
If your account’s set up with paperless statements, you’ll need to log in or register to view them online.
Need a card or PIN?
You can request a replacement card or PIN using Online Card Services, or by giving us a call.
Once you’ve made your request we aim to get things out to you within 3-5 working days.
Protecting your account and
As you’d expect, we work tirelessly to protect your credit card account, employing sophisticated security systems and fraud detection techniques. But you have a part to play in keeping your account secure. It’s important you contact us as soon as you notice any unusual transactions, or if your card is missing.
Using your mobile?
It might be reassuring to know our most popular services are available on a smartphone, including the MBNA Card Services App. Perfect if you like to check your balance before you make a purchase, or enjoy reading your statement in your lunch break (just us?).
Contactless and mobile payments
All MBNA credit cards offer a smart range of services, making it quicker than ever to pay and go. Make secure payments using a card, or a range of mobile devices, usually without entering your PIN.1