When you’re going abroad
As your account is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for unusual activity, please tell us when you're travelling abroad so we know to expect international card use - otherwise your credit card could be blocked for fraud prevention purposes.
Send us a text message
Providing we have your mobile number on record, just send a text message* to 83838 (or +447860010010 from overseas) and tell us your destination and departure date in the following format: COUNTRY DD/MM/YY.
If you're travelling to multiple countries, just include the name of the first country you're visiting.
Travelling for over 16 days? Once we've received your travel details, you'll have the option to supply a return date.
To update your contact details, log in or register for Online Card Services then select 'Manage Account'.
Send us a secure message
Tell us your travel details by sending us a secure message in Online Card Services - simply log in or register, visit the Communication Centre, then select 'Compose message' from the 'Messages' section.
Choose 'Travelling abroad notification' as your message subject, enter your departure and return dates along with your destination, then 'Send' your message.
Before you travel
- Check your credit card to make sure it doesn't expire while you're abroad.
- Consider setting up a Direct Debit or standing order to cover any payments due while you're away.
Using your card abroad
- Remember that fees apply when using your credit card overseas - learn more.
- Transactions made in some countries will not be accepted - read our FAQs for more information on restricted countries.
Did you know?
You can access information and manage your credit card account wherever you are - all by text message. Learn about Mobile Text Services.
Please note: we only accept travel details up to 12 months in advance. If you're travelling overseas for an extended period, please contact us.
* To use this service you must have provided us with your mobile number. Standard network charges may apply.