Our loan calculator gives you a quick idea of what your monthly payments could be. But if you’d like to find out if you’d be approved for a loan and get a personalised rate, use our eligibility checker. Don't worry, there's no effect on your credit score.
Want to see your rate before you apply?
Use our eligibility checker to get a quote, without impacting your credit score.
- Find out whether we can pre-approve you for a loan.
- Get a personalised interest rate, which won't change if you apply.
- See a breakdown of what you'll need to repay.
What do we need to know about you?To help us get to know you a bit better, here's a few things we'll need from you: your personal and contact details, details about your money coming in and going out and your employment details. Don't worry, as long as nothing's changed, there's no need to type these details again if you go on to apply.
MBNA personal loans are provided exclusively by Lloyds Bank plc. MBNA Limited act as a credit broker and not the lender.
The decision to lend and the rate you’re offered will depend on your personal situation. Loans are available to UK residents aged 18 or over.
Why choose an MBNA loan?
- 8.7% APR representative for loans between £7,500 and £25,000, over 1 to 5 years.
- Use our eligibility checker to answer a few quick questions to see if you are pre-approved and get a personalised rate - with no effect on your credit score.
- If you go on to apply, as long as nothing's changed, the answers you gave are brought forward to your application. So there's no need to re-type them.
- Applying online is quick, easy and secure. It only takes minutes and you'll get an instant decision.
Other amounts and terms are available at different rates.
- If you’re approved, you should have the money in your account within 2 hours. In some cases it may take a bit longer, but no more than 3 working days.
- Take up to two repayment holidays of one month in a rolling 12 month period, subject to approval. Interest is still charged for the months you don’t make payments. This means you’ll pay more interest overall and the loan term will increase.
- You can pay off your loan early. If you do, you will be charged up to 58 days' interest.
Choose to borrow between £1,000 and £25,000 and repay over 1 to 7 years.
You can apply for a loan if:
- You’re aged 18 or over.
- You’re a UK resident (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
- You’re not in full-time education.
- You’re in paid employment or have a regular income.
- You’ve not been declined for credit in the last month.
- You don’t have a history of bad credit.
- You are not applying for any of these reasonsLoans will not be provided for speculative purchases (gambling, investments and share purchases), any illegal purposes, business related purposes, purchase/lease of land or property, either full or part purchase (including deposit), timeshares/holiday clubs..
Our loan calculator helps you work out how much you could afford to borrow and what your monthly repayments could be.
Enter in how much you would like to borrow and over how long you’d like to repay it. You will then be shown an example of how much your monthly repayments could be and the total repayable amount based on an illustrative APR.
Changing the amount you want to borrow and the term of the loan will automatically change the example repayments and illustrative APR shown by the calculator.
Please note: when you apply you may be offered a different APR based on your personal circumstances.
When you apply, there are several factors we take into account when we calculate your personalised loan rate (APR). These include:
- your credit repayment history
- your past account history
- how much you want to borrow
- how long you want to repay the loan over
- other personal details held on our records.
Our eligibility checker is an online tool you can use to tell us a bit about you and your circumstances. By answering a few questions, you can:
- find out if you're eligible to apply for a loan.
- if pre-approved, get a personalised rate.
- relax - as long as nothing's changed, you don't need to re-type any of the details you've already given us.
All of this, before you apply and with no effect on your credit score.