Facebook Community Guidelines
Clear communication is at the root of any good relationship. That's why we're excited to share what we're doing with you. However, we all have to follow certain rules.
Our Facebook page is public, which means that anyone can see your posts on Facebook and your posts may even show up in search engine results (like on Google or Yahoo!). While we want to foster healthy discussion, we may occasionally remove posts that don't fit our community guidelines.
Because our Facebook page is a public page and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
We encourage everyone to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others.
- Submit your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent.
- Do not post someone else's copyrighted work, unless you have permission.
- Never post personal, identifying or confidential information.
Please note that this page is moderated by MBNA employees. We'll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can't guarantee that we'll reply to every comment.
Customer service enquiries
If you are a customer with a question about an MBNA credit card account, you can contact us as follows:
- Website: www.mbna.co.uk
- Phone: 0800 062 062 (from outside of the UK +44 1244 659 005).
- By post: MBNA Limited, P.O. Box 1004, Chester Business Park, Wrexham Road, Chester CH4 9WW.
MBNA has a presence on various social media/social networking websites and may occasionally identify and respond to customers seeking assistance with account-related issues. In the event a customer receives such a communication from MBNA regarding a service request or other need, the customer may be offered other MBNA contact channels to help address those concerns as smoothly and effectively as possible. To aid that process MBNA may ask you to provide your name and telephone number by email or direct message. MBNA will never ask you to disclose account information and you should never post personal, identifying or confidential information.
Those are the basics. Our full policies are listed below.
Our Facebook page is moderated by MBNA employees. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Please note:
- Our Facebook page is a place for conversations between and among individuals and MBNA and is not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit www.mbna.co.uk for more information about specific products and services.
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our Facebook page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy. If you want to make a complaint, please see our complaints procedure here. We are committed to dealing with complaints properly and urge you to follow our complaints procedure if you do want to complain. We are sorry we cannot accept complaints via Facebook, but Facebook content may not be secure or confidential and we’re committed to protecting your privacy.
- Our Facebook page is also not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious emails should be forwarded to email@example.com. If you would like to make a report, please call 0800 062 062 and a representative can assist you.
- MBNA reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
Comment and posting policy
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind — including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization.
- Discriminatory or that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libellous or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing external links, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user's computer.
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within that wall post. While we welcome reasonable critiques, we may delete negative comments about MBNA and/or our competitors that aren't relevant and don't add to the overall experience.
We may delete comments that we deem to be off topic, including solicitations. In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
If you are a member of the media, please contact our MBNA newsroom on 01244 574136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and press contacts.
Copyright and intellectual property policy
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our Facebook page, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our Facebook page to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our Facebook page, you are granting MBNA non-exclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Links to third-party sites
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you'll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company. MBNA is a large company with many advertising relationships. We will do our best to identify and disclose any relationships that MBNA may have with a site or company.
Please note that any URL coming from the domain www.mbna.co.uk leads to an official MBNA website.
Paid sponsors and sponsorships
Some linked third-party sites may contain content provided by paid sponsors of MBNA, and such sponsors may disclose that relationship on their sites. Additionally, those paid sponsors' Facebook posts should contain the term "Paid Sponsor", indicating the paid nature of the relationship.
Privacy and security policies
To read Facebook's terms of service, please click here. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as account numbers, phone numbers or email addresses in any comment or post. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post will be deleted.
We may wish to use comments or content you have posted in our own promotional materials or content, but would not do so without obtaining your prior permission.
© MBNA Limited.
Credit Card(s) issued by MBNA Limited. Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England and Wales under company number 02783251. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. MBNA Limited is also authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, Register Number: 204487 for the provision of payment services. Calls and online sessions (e.g. completing an application) may be monitored and/or recorded for quality evaluation, training purposes and to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.