Before you start
There’s a few things you need before you get started with your balance transfers.
- Balance transfers are subject to eligibility and security checks. These won’t leave a footprint on your credit file.
- You might be charged a fee for any balance transfers you make. This is normally a percentage of the amount you’re transferring. For example, a transfer of £1,000 with a 3% fee would result in a £30 transfer fee.
- Only paying back the minimum payment every month could take you longer to clear your balance and cost you more.
- You can’t transfer balances between MBNA accounts.
- Once the transfer’s been processed, it can’t be cancelled. Neither can any fees.
- If you’ve not paid all your balance transfer amount off before your promotional period ends, interest will be payable on the remaining amount at your account’s standard interest rate.