The MBNA 5 Credit Card – a great alternative to a loan
- Why is this a great loan alternative? With the MBNA 5 Credit Card you’ll have the flexibility to pay the minimum, a fixed amount, or even a lump sum, whenever you want. Great for managing your monthly budget – although you’ll always need to make at least the minimum monthly payment. Unlike a loan, you can’t select your credit limit, and in order to repay before the promotional period ends it’s sensible to set up regular payments of more than the minimum amount, or it could cost you more and take you longer to repay your balance.
- 4.9% p.a. on transfers and card purchases for up to 5 years from account opening (0.5% handling fee on transfers). Offer applies to balance transfers, money transfers and card purchases made in the first 60 days. When these offers come to an end and for card purchases or transfers made after the first 60 days, a standard rate of 8.9% p.a. applies (0.5% handling fee on transfers).
- Check your eligibility before you apply. Eligibility for this credit card depends on your circumstances and the results of the eligibility check. The APR, credit limit and terms of the offer you get may differ from the example.
As well as our usual criteria, to qualify for this card you need an annual income of £20,000 or more.
All standard interest rates and handling fees are variable, so may differ from those shown after your offer ends.
Product details may differ subject to eligibility check
The MBNA 5 Credit Card could come in handy if you’re looking to spread the cost of a large purchase, or to move more expensive credit and store card balances to take advantage of a long-term promotional rate.3
Contactless and mobile payments
Make fast and secure payments using a card, or a range of mobile devices, usually without entering your PIN.
UK call centres
Wherever you are, we’re just a phone call away.
Banking on the go
Manage your MBNA 5 Credit Card using our range of online and mobile services.
24 hour fraud support
You will not be liable for fraudulent transactions online or on the high street (including contactless transactions), providing you tell us as soon as you notice any unusual transactions or you can’t find your card.
We’ll let you know by email when there’s a new statement to view online.
Add up to 3 additional cardholders − they’ll each receive a credit card and PIN.1
We offer a range of payment options, including Direct Debit.
No annual fee
We don’t charge you an annual fee for having an MBNA 5 Credit Card.
- You’re a UK resident.
- You’re aged 18 or over.
- You’ve had a permanent UK address for 3 years or more.
- You have a good credit rating/history.
- You’re not unemployed or a student.
You’ll need to provide
- Your address history for at least 3 years.
- Contact details, including an email address.
- Employment and salary information.
- UK bank account details.