MBNA: Creating an inclusive environment
At MBNA, we want to create a fully inclusive environment for our communities, customers and our colleagues, one that represents the UK today.
We’ll speak up when something causes harm or offence and we strive to be an ally to our colleagues and customers.
We’ll stand against all types of discrimination and inappropriate behaviour, whether racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or ableism, and whether this happens over the phone, online or on our social media channels. We will take action and this could include blocking social media accounts, account closure or contacting the police if needed.
We believe in doing the right thing. We may not get it right all the time but we’re committed to trying to do better, for our communities, colleagues and customers.
How we are supporting customers and colleagues
Accessibility and disability
- At MBNA we’re always working to make sure our services are accessible to you, whatever your needs or abilities.
- We work with Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC), a non profit organisation, to check that our websites and our app are accessible for all.
- If you’re Deaf and a BSL user we offer SignVideo Interpreting service. You can speak to us securely and live through a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
- To help people with hearing and speech impairments communicate over the phone, we offer the relay service through Relay UK.
- At some time in our lives many of us experience mental health conditions. Sometimes this can make it hard to deal with money, or your finances could be affecting your mental health. If you do have worries, find out how we can support you.
- We provide internal training to all our colleagues to increase awareness and understanding of mental health conditions.
Race and ethnicity
- We strive to create a fully inclusive culture for all colleagues, customers, and communities.
- We developed a Race Education Programme to help all colleagues hold brave conversations about race, promoting awareness, allyship and action, with customers and colleagues.
- Our race and ethnicity colleague network REACH, creates a truly inclusive environment by giving professional development and support for colleagues from different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Sexual orientation and gender identity
- We are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for customers and colleagues, and the way in which they wish to express their gender identity.
- We actively raise awareness and encourage support for Pride and other key LGBT+ awareness days during the year, to create a welcoming environment for all our LGBT+ colleagues and ensure our allies are educated and visible in their support.
- Our LGBT+ colleague network Rainbow, creates a truly inclusive environment by providing professional development and support for LGBT+ colleagues.