The fast, simple way to pay with Google. Plus all the benefits and protection you enjoy with your MBNA credit card.
The benefits of Google Pay
Adding your card
Just open or download the Google Pay app, add your MBNA credit card and you’re good to go. Then you can shop with your smartphone wherever you see the Google Pay logo.
Here’s how to do it:
- Select the ‘+’ symbol at the bottom right of the app.
- Pick ‘Add a credit or debit card’.
- Snap a picture of your MBNA credit card with your smartphone camera.
How it works
We might occasionally limit the value or number of payments you can make using Google Pay and ask you to use your
card instead. This is just to make sure it’s you making the transaction.
Techie stuff you’ll need
- Near Field Communication (NFC) switched on. Check this by visiting ‘Settings’ - select ‘More’, then look for ‘NFC’.
- Lollipop 5.0 or higher AndroidTM operating system on your device.
- A Google Play account.
You’ll get a payment notification whenever you make a purchase. All purchases made using Google Pay will show on your statements as normal, and you’ll be able to see the last 10 transactions made with Google Pay on your device.
If you want to return an item, you’ll usually need to hold your device near the reader to receive a refund in store. Sometimes the retailer might have to make the refund back to your card instead. Any refunds will also show in the transactions section in the Google Pay app.
Things to consider
- If you make card purchases, you’ll pay interest on these transactions, unless you pay your statement balance in full, every month, or if you have a retail promotional interest rate of 0% on your account.
- If you’ve got a cashback credit card with MBNA, you’ll earn cashback at your usual rate on Google Pay transactions.
- Standard network charges may apply. Payment is only possible when 3G, 4G or a wireless internet connection is present. Transactions are subject to your existing MBNA credit card terms and conditions.