Updating your details

If any of your personal details change, please get in touch.

Updating your name

You’ll need to write to us with the reason why you’re changing your name. You’ll also need to provide your old and new signatures, together with original documents -we’ll return everything to you as soon as we’ve finished with it. You might want to send documents to us by recorded delivery so you can check they’ve reached us safely.

Documents we can accept

Divorce and civil partnership breakdown

  • Divorce papers or Decree Absolute and a marriage or birth certificate, or copy of Register of Corrections (Scotland) or Deed Poll (rest of UK) entry.
  • Dissolved civil partnership papers

Other situations

  • English language marriage certificate.
  • Civil partnership registration document (UK or overseas registered).
  • Copy of Register of Corrections (Scotland) or Deed Poll (rest of UK) entry. Online application screen prints aren’t acceptable.
  • A statutory declaration, sworn or notarised by a solicitor or someone allowed to take oaths.
  • Amended birth certificate.
  • Equity card.
  • Evidence of a bestowed or hereditary title (e.g. Lord), award (e.g. MBE) or qualification (e.g. PhD). Titles purchased online aren’t acceptable.

Double-barrelled names

To double-barrel your surname, we’ll need to see your marriage certificate or civil partnership registration document where the names match those to be used.

Updating your address

An easy way to update your address is using the MBNA Card Services App. Once you’re logged in tap ‘More’ and go to ‘Settings and info’ then ‘Your personal details’. Select your address and then follow the on-screen commands.

Find out how to download the app and register your device

If you’re registered with telephone services, you can also call us to update your address on 03456 062 062 (from outside the UK please call +44 1244 659 005). If you have a hearing or speech impairment, call 18001 03456 062 062. Lines are open 7am-11pm 7 days a week. Standard network charges may apply.

If you’re not registered you’ll need to write to us. Please quote this reference number: P1COA.

You’ll need to include your:

  • Name.
  • Old and new addresses.
  • Account number.
  • Date of birth.
  • Phone number/email address.

Then post everything to

MBNA Limited
Credit Card Operations

If you have accounts, products or services with one or more of these Lloyds Banking Group companies: Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland or Halifax—we will update them with your new address.

Other contact details

To update your phone number or email address, log in or register for Online Card Services, or give us a call.