Updating your details
If any of your personal details change, please get in touch.
Updating your name
You’ll need to write to us with the reason why you’re changing your name. You’ll also need to provide your old and new signatures, together with original documents -we’ll return everything to you as soon as we’ve finished with it. You might want to send documents to us by recorded delivery so you can check they’ve reached us safely.
Documents we can accept
Divorce and civil partnership breakdown
- Divorce papers or Decree Absolute and a marriage or birth certificate, or copy of Register of Corrections (Scotland) or Deed Poll (rest of UK) entry.
- Dissolved civil partnership papers
- English language marriage certificate.
- Civil partnership registration document (UK or overseas registered).
- Copy of Register of Corrections (Scotland) or Deed Poll (rest of UK) entry. Online application screen prints aren’t acceptable.
- A statutory declaration, sworn or notarised by a solicitor or someone allowed to take oaths.
- Amended birth certificate.
- Equity card.
- Evidence of a bestowed or hereditary title (e.g. Lord), award (e.g. MBE) or qualification (e.g. PhD). Titles purchased online aren’t acceptable.
To double-barrel your surname, we’ll need to see your marriage certificate or civil partnership registration document where the names match those to be used.
Updating your address
If you’re using the MBNA app and you’re logged in, select the support button, a call topic and then tap ‘Call us’. As we’ll already know who you are, we’ll be able to help you that bit faster. Smart, right?
Alternatively, if you’re registered with telephone services you can call us to update your address on 0345 062 062 (or +44 1244 659 005 from outside the UK). Lines are open 7am–11pm 7 days a week. Standard network charges may apply.
Finally, if you’re not registered you’ll need to write to us. Please include your:
- Old and new addresses.
- Account number.
- Date of birth.
- Phone number/email address.
- Signature (we need this to verify your details).
Then post everything to
Credit Card Operations