Soon we’ll be updating our apps
Apple and Google have now stopped supporting some older device operating system versions, so we need to update our app too. The changes mean your device won’t work with our app soon.
The new minimum operating systems you’ll need to be able to use our app are:
- Apple iPhones & iPads – iOS 11.0
- Android phones & tablets – Android 7.0
Why is this happening?
Apple and Google regularly release operating system updates to fix issues, improve security and add new features. Over time, they stop sending updates for older operating systems, which makes those systems less secure.
To keep our apps completely secure for you and your money, we can only run our apps on the latest and most secure operating systems.
Can I update my device to a newer operating system version?
This depends on your device - some devices can and some devices can’t.
Before you try to update your device, make sure you back it up. Then you’ll be able to recover anything that might be lost during the update.
Here’s how to check if you can update your device:
- Apple iPhones & iPads (iOS)
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
2. Check what version of iOS you have. If it’s anything earlier than iOS 11.0, your device won’t work with our app soon.
3. If you have an update available, it’s best to run this as soon as possible. Remember to back up your device first. If your device doesn’t have enough storage space to download the update, you can do it using iTunes on a computer instead.
- Android phones & tablets
Go into your device settings then tap on software update to check if there’s an update available.
What do I do when I’ve updated my device?
After you’ve updated your device, make sure you’ve got the latest version of our app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. It’s always best to keep your app up to date for security and to access new features.
What happens if I can’t update to the new minimum operating system?
Only our apps are changing, so you’ll still be able to use Online Card Services from a computer or mobile web browser using your normal login details.