Instagram Community Guidelines
We are always looking for ways to share information with our social media communities. You will now be able to view and engage with MBNA images and videos on Instagram.
Customer Service Enquiries
If you are a customer with a question about an MBNA credit card account, you can contact us using the details below. We’re not able to provide assistance for these enquiries via our Instagram channel.
Our contact details:
- Website: www.mbna.co.uk.
- Phone: 0800 062 062 (from outside of the UK +44 1244 659 005).
- By post: MBNA Limited, P.O. Box 1004, Chester Business Park, Wrexham Road, Chester CH4 9WW.
MBNA has a presence on various social media/social networking websites and may occasionally identify and respond to customers seeking assistance with account-related issues. In the event a customer receives such a communication from MBNA regarding a service request or other need, the customer may be offered other MBNA contact channels to help address those concerns as smoothly and effectively as possible. To aid that process, MBNA may ask you to provide your name and telephone number by direct message. MBNA will never ask you to disclose account information and you should never post personal, identifying or confidential information.
Those are the basics. Our full policies are below.
Our Instagram handle and content are open to the public, which means that you’ll be able to see our posts, should you choose to search for, or view, our content. You will be able to leave comments on our Instagram posts, and those may also be visible to the public, depending upon your Instagram account settings. Please bear this in mind when commenting or sharing content.
We expect conversations to follow the rules of politeness, and we ask participants to treat each other, and our employees, with respect.
We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated - including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic in any way.
- Threats, personal attacks, language that is abusive, defamatory, derogatory or inflammatory, and stalking or harassment of any kind.
- Discriminatory or hateful content of any kind.
- False, inaccurate, libellous or otherwise misleading content.
- Spam, or content that contains, or links to, any kind of virus, malware, spyware or other program that could cause harm to a user’s computer.
Commenting and Posting Policy
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic of the Instagram photo or video. Whilst we welcome reasonable critiques, we may delete negative comments about MBNA or anyone who backs any of our products, or about our competitors, suppliers, partners, or group companies that aren’t relevant and don’t add to the overall experience.
We may delete comments that we deem to be off topic, including solicitations. In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same or multiple users.
Our Instagram page is managed by employees here at MBNA. We’ll monitor and review comments to ensure they comply with our policies, and we reserve the right to delete comments that we think do not comply. Please note:
- Instagram conversations between any user and MBNA are not considered a substitute channel for service or general questions. Please contact us using the contact details shown above for that.
- Do not post material you do not have the right to at law, or due to any personal, contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our Instagram page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal or administrative notice or process. If you want to make a complaint, please see our complaints procedure here.
- Our Instagram page is not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious emails should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MBNA reserves the right to follow, unfollow or not follow, any user on Instagram without prior notice or consent. We may accept or limit the number of followers on our Instagram account.
- Any comments we deem to be criminal in nature, that instigate or imply violence or any other harm to oneself or another may be reported to the relevant authorities.
- Unless you protect your Instagram page (something you can do in your Instagram account settings), anyone can see your posts and they may even show up in search engine results (like on Google or Yahoo!).
Because our Instagram page is public and anyone with an Instagram account can engage with us, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
In addition, we discourage clicking on links posted by other Instagram users, as these links may pose risks to your computer/device, or take you to inappropriate sites. We cannot be responsible for any such links. Also, we don’t accept or consider unsolicited ideas.
Our Instagram handle
Comments and posts to or from @mbna are direct communications with our employees. Please note that if we see comments regarding questions about MBNA products, services or career opportunities, we'll try to reach out to see how we can help. We want to make your customer experience better. While we'll make every effort to respond to your comments in a timely manner, we can't guarantee that we'll reply to every comment and message.
If you are a member of the media, please contact our press team on 01244 574136 or email email@example.com.
Links to third-party sites
We may occasionally share links to third-party sites when we think you'll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the individual, site or company.
Paid sponsors and sponsorships
Some linked third-party sites may contain content provided by paid sponsors of MBNA, and such sponsors may disclose that relationship on their sites. A paid sponsor’s post may contain the term "sponsored", indicating the paid nature of the relationship.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement of any party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy, is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our Instagram page, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our Instagram page to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs, is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our Instagram page, you are granting MBNA non-exclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Company profiles on Instagram
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as financial account numbers, phone numbers or email addresses in any comment or post. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post must be deleted.
© MBNA Limited.
Credit Cards issued by MBNA Limited. Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England and Wales under company number 02783251. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. MBNA Limited is also authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, Register Number: 204487 for the provision of payment services. Calls and online sessions (e.g. completing an application) may be monitored and/or recorded for quality evaluation, training purposes and to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.