MBNA Rate for Life Credit Card
Enjoy a low rate for life on balance transfers...
- 6.9% p.a. for life on balance transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening. 0% handling fees apply.
- 16.9% p.a. variable on card purchases
Simplify your finances
Pay off your existing card borrowing with an incredible 6.9% p.a. promotional rate for life on balance transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening.1 0% handling fees apply.
Choose this account to:
- Consolidate your existing card borrowing at a low rate for the life of the transferred balances.1
- Borrow like a loan2 but with the benefit of no handling fee on balance transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening and no set up charges.
- Take as long as you need to pay it off so long as you pay at least the minimum payment required each month.
- Enjoy all the same standard features you’d expect from MBNA.
Ready to apply?
You can apply for the MBNA Rate for Life Credit Card in just a few minutes and you could get an instant decision.*
- You’re a UK resident
- You’re aged 18 or over
- You’ve had a permanent UK address for 3 years or more
- You have a good credit rating/history
What you'll need:
- Contact details including an email address
- At least 3 years address history
- Employment/income details
Why might an applicant be declined?
- A history of bankruptcy
- A history of County Court Judgments (CCJs) or Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs)
* Some applications will be referred to a Credit Analyst for a final decision - in those instances you’ll hear from us within 7-10 business days.
MBNA Standard Benefits
This account is set up with paperless statements. To access your statements, you will need to register for Online Card Services. You can manage your account easily and securely online.
Online Card Services
Enjoy the convenience of managing your credit card account online. Check your balance, view recent transactions, make payments and more.
You can now pay quickly and securely for purchases up to £20 without entering your PIN. You don’t need to insert your credit card or enter your PIN, so it’s quicker to pay for everyday items.
Customer Service Helpline
Wherever you are worldwide, our UK-based customer satisfaction representatives are just a phone call away.
You will not be liable for fraudulent transactions online or on the high street (including contactless transactions), providing you tell us as soon as you notice any unusual transactions or you can’t find your card.3
Take the hassle out of making your MBNA Rate for Life Credit Card payments each month, by setting up a minimum or full balance payment by Direct Debit.
Mobile Text Services
Manage your account on the move by text message or online using your smartphone.
Add up to three additional cardholders4 at no extra cost. Additional cardholders will receive their own credit card and PIN, giving them access to your credit limit.
- 1 Transferring other debts to this card and paying only the minimum amount due each month may lower your overall monthly debt repayments, but it may take you longer and cost you more to repay what you owe. Other lenders may charge a fee for settling a loan early.
- 2 If you want to use this card to borrow like a loan, you may want to think about setting up a Direct Debit or standing order so that your monthly payments are always made. If you do miss a payment, the low rate for life is automatically switched off and replaced by the relevant standard interest rate. Please also bear in mind that we'll decide your credit limit at the outset and this might be less than an amount you'd apply for by way of a loan.
- 3 You must call us as soon as the card cannot be found or if you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
- 4 Any additional cardholder(s) must reside at the same primary address, and have a relationship of close family member (defined as; spouse, child, parent, sibling or domestic partner).